Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Food: Week 2


Here it is, the pride of Spain: Paella! 
Saffron and rice with veggies, jumbo seafood with eyeballs and antenna, calamari, chicken, and those are mussels, right? When I ate this for the first time in Spain 3 years ago, I knew I had turned a culinary corner and vowed to try everything in front of me from then on. I still have some "texture issues" as my good old American family has taken to calling it, (still getting used to the texture of seafood because I never used to eat it) but no longer consider myself a picky eater which I think is a good step in the direction of adulthood? 



OK. This is going to shock my mom. I was sure I wasn't going to like this because I don't care for mushrooms very much and almost never eat them, but these had a basil/garlic/bay leaf pesto sauce which I liked a lot and I ate it with my precious bread. Still not crazy about the texture of mushrooms but the taste was great. 


These are like onion rings but instead of onions it's calamari inside! These were awesome, I probably would eat them with ketchup next time. 


I loved this. It was perfect on a fall day when I was feeling kind of sick. It's lentil soup with potatoes and chorizo and it tastes a lot like the navy bean soup with potatoes and ham that my mom makes, only chorizo has a much stronger flavor than ham. Seriously yum. 

This is like potato salad with tuna and more veggies! I still don't like olives very much which is probably a Spanish sin...

Another amazing soup - chick peas/garbanzo beans, potatoes, carrots, and spinach. 


Snack time! A churro and one of the best donuts I've ever had. 


Rice with a fried egg on top and little hot dog/sausages and chorizo on the side. 


Went to a really nice restaurant for a coffee and had this with it. Yum. 


Grilled Cheese and Turkey! 


Mini Yogurt! 



No comments:

Post a Comment