Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

List(a)

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Estas lista?" in Spanish means "Are you ready?" I've always remembered this phrase by saying to myself, "You're only ready if you've made your lists!" and I believe it. I'm the type of person who has notebooks and notepads and random pieces of paper in every purse and every surface of my room with different lists scribbled on them. Whether it's a To-Do list or a list of songs I want to look up, I find that they are essential for my productivity and probably for my hygiene (how else am I supposed to remember to shower, or at least put deodorant on in the morning??).

I'm quite the accomplished procrastinator (hence why I am writing on the blog about packing, rather than actually packing), and so I have yet to begin to fill my suitcase with the things I think I'll need for the next 3 months, even though I leave on Sunday. BUT, today I made my packing list and I already feel much better about everything I have to do. The list is very exhaustive and neatly categorized; even though I still haven't crossed anything off of it, I think I'll be able to handle it on Saturday, when I assume I'll actually pack. There are some other hurdles to come though, and weight limits and heartbreaking choices about shoes are the first ones that come to mind.

On some level this does not quite feel real yet. I've been looking forward to going back to Spain since I left there in July of 2011 and it's all I've talked and thought about for months and months. But it's finally almost here, and it's time to get this show on the road! I have a feeling it might not sink in until I'm on the plane, but my heart is ready. Of tonight though, all I can say is that cats, internet, phone calls and texts from important, old friends, and the antics of my little bro have all brought me to this point: with Lists, but not quite Lista.

No comments:

Post a Comment