Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mi Familia

Day 3
Yesterday I came to my host family's apartment at about 7:30 p.m. to meet them. The flat is interesting to me because I don't see many families living "the city life" in apartments at home. It's on the 3rd floor and has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a dining room, kitchen, and living room. I'll try and snipe some pictures soon and add them in here. 

My host mom's name is Augustina and get this, my host dad's name is Augustin! I have 2 host sister's named Fatima (25 yrs. old) and Ana (24 yrs old). Fatima teaches English and Ana is learning English so it's been fun communicating back and forth in English and Spanish. My brain gets tired easily I've found because sometimes I'm trying to think in Spanish and they're trying to speak in English, so it gets a bit confusing. Ana also plays for the Ciudad Real Futbol team! I'm hoping that one of these weekends I can go watch her play. The family goes to the "hometown," Calzada I think it's called, on the weekends so that's where I'm going this weekend! The family has been super nice and welcoming, although I've barely heard Augustin say 3 words haha. 

Today I slept late, went out for a walk and some tapas (beer and potatos with aoli) with Ana and her friend Maria, came back for lunch of pasta CON CHORIZO (chorizo es mi favorito) and melon, and then slept a little more. We are going out tonight a little later to meet some of Fatima's friends I think. (Side note: it throws me off when the family shortens her name to Fati, it sounds like they're calling her "Fatty" to me!)

Tomorrow is my first day in the school which is exciting! I've been reading some of the other CIEE program people's short blurbs on Facebook about their experiences and most of them sound great! It will be nice to have a schedule! I'm also already getting in contact about teaching English lessons in Ciudad Real, like one on one conversation lessons, so that will be great for extra money.     

I know most people don't care but I'm trying to look like less of a slob over here so here's my outfit of the day. 
Siempre,
Emily

2 comments: